In this post we’re going to take a look at the Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ telescope and we’ll try to explain why it makes an ideal choice for your next reflector telescope purchase.
One thing you can be sure of is that you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing a telescope as there are so many on the market these days. This is why it is imperative to be able to narrow down your search effectively. You need a telescope that is right for your requirements, whether you are a beginner or you have been into astronomy for quite some time now.
One option that we would definitely recommend considering is the Celestron 21049 PowerSeeker 127EQ Reflector Telescope. With that in mind, continue reading to discover everything that you need to know about it.
Introduction to the Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ Telescope
The Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ Telescope has been created for those who are looking to buy their very first telescope. Therefore, if you are a beginner to the world of astronomy and you’re searching for a telescope for the first time, this Celestron telescope will not let you down. It delivers a great combination of power, features, and quality, all of which are packaged in a value-for-money product that will not break the bank.
You will find the Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ Telescope very easy and quick to set-up. There are two slow-motion control knobs, which enables you to make fine pointing alterations to the telescope in both the Declination and Right Ascension axes, also known as the DEC and RA.
There are a number of different features and accessories that you can expect with the Celestron telescope. This includes three Barlow lens, a finderscope, and two eyepieces, one of which is 10 mm and the other is 20 mm. With the two eyepieces, you will be able to benefit from different magnifications for both high and low-powered views. The 3x Barlow lens will triple the magnifying power for all of the eyepieces.
Don’t forget to download the Celestron Starry Night Software
Another great feature of the Celestron 21049 PowerSeeker 127EQ Reflector Telescope is the software that comes with it. This enables you to plan your next observing session, as well as learning about different celestial objects and the night sky. This software from Celestron is known as the premier software package for astronomy available today, ensuring you benefit from extensive knowledge and resources required to view the solar system and beyond.
PowerSeeker 127EQ Features
There are a lot of exciting and beneficial features that you will get with this telescope, which include the following:
- Download the Starry Night Basic Software, which has a database with 36,000 objects, as well as enhanced images and printable sky maps. Some of the enhanced images include 3D renderings of galaxies, exoplanets, and stars.
- 3x Barlow lens will triple the magnifying power for all of the eyepieces.
- You get a wide range of accessories with this telescope, including different-sized eyepieces, a Barlow lens, and a finderscope. You have everything that you need to get started!
- The telescope is incredibly easy to set-up. No tools are required and the process is incredibly quick and convenient.
- It comes with a full-height and adjustable steel tripod, as well as a deluxe tray for all of your telescope accessories.
- The telescope features a manual German equatorial mount, with setting circles so that sky objects can be located and tracked with supreme accuracy.
PowerSeeker 127EQ Specifications
- Software: Starry Night Basic Edition
- Tripod: Aluminum
- Accessory Tray: No-Tool Tray with Eyepiece holder
- Mount Type: German Equatorial
- Optical Coatings: Aluminum
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 18x
- Highest Useful Magnification: 300x
- Finderscope: 5×24
- Barlow Lens: 3x
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 250x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 4mm
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 50x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 20mm
- Focal Ratio: f/7.87
- Focal Length: 1000mm
- Aperture: 127mm
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
Final words on the Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ Telescope
As you can see, there are a lot of benefits that are associated with the Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ Telescope. If you are looking for your very first telescope, you will not be disappointed with this product. It contains everything that you need to explore the amazing night sky. Plus, it is very easy-to-use and set-up. If you take a look at the reviews that have been left by others, you will see that this telescope has been very well-received, and it is for good reason!
- Quick and easy no-tool setup. Slow motion controls for smooth tracking
- Erect image optics - Ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use. Fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity. 3x Barlow lens triples the magnifying power of each eyepiece
- Accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories
- BONUS Astronomy Software download with a 10,000-object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
Last update on 2021-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API