- What’s the difference between a reflector and a refractor telescope?
- What’s the best telescope for a child showing an interest in astronomy?
- What’s the best telescope for a teenager or young adult?
What’s the difference between a reflector and a refractor telescope?
Reflecting telescopes use mirrors to focus the light. An easy way to remember is to think of your reflection in a mirror.
Refracting telescopes pass the light from the target object or area through a series of lenses.
What’s the best telescope for a child showing an interest in astronomy?
To nurture your child’s interest in astronomy while not spending a fortune on sophisticated telescopes that are too advanced for a young mind we recommend these telescopes.
What’s the best telescope for a teenager or young adult?
With an interest in astronomy that may lead to (or is being fed by) school or college subjects we recommend these telescopes.
Where can I learn more about astronomy?
Astronomy is a very popular subject and there is a wealth of information freely available online but it can be bewildering without a step-by-step guide. There are plenty of astronomy books that will give you an introduction but if you want to follow some structured learning then here are two suggestions.
- Search online for a local astronomy club in your area, drop in and ask the members about courses and evening closes at schools and colleges nearby.
- If you want to study at your own pace the complete an introductory course online. You’ll find affordable online astronomy courses on sites like Udemy.com and Coursera.org.